MyBB Custom Theme
Web Design
Web Hosting
Logo and Branding
Psd to Template
Forum Management
# Contact UsWe are here for you.
+91-83340-25252 +91-83348-25252
# Request free QuoteWe'll come back with a price fast!
Please register and login BEFORE purchasing any products to avoid any type of purchase relates issues.
Is facebook killing forums?!
Posted by   anna88   on 02-18-2011 at 09:45 AM
Exclamation Is facebook killing forums?!
I haven't see this thread here so I guess I will start it. I have noticed lately users prefer just to click in "I Like" button instead engaging in active conversations. People prefer to answer by Facebook than login and answering by forums. What to do about this? Sure, some will say forums are a different thing, and bla bla bla, but you cannot deny the fact that Facebook is slowly driving away the interaction from forums, mailing lists and so on (I say this because I also manage a mailing list and the interaction has dropped about 50% since last year). Because people use everytime more and more their time for Facebook, so there is less time to spend in other sites (e.g. forums, etc.) Your thoughts?
Posted by   Ammy_769   on 05-14-2011 at 06:31 PM
RE: Is facebook killing forums?!
Yes, I agree. Facebook is killing charm of forum. It is because of lack of forum design and innovation..In Facebook, chatting and getting stuff om front page is so easy unlike here we have to click several times to reach some thread. Here Options are as well very complicated.. If I was nice coder and know stuff, I really made a new Open Source Social Networking site stuff....So every forum get revolutionized...but currently I am not know very well...have ideas but nothing how to reach them..
Posted by   Rich151   on 05-20-2011 at 04:38 PM
Well facebook is popular and the stuff you can do on a forum you can do on facebook so I think facebook could be killing forums
Posted by   Anurag M   on 05-22-2011 at 01:06 PM
I agree Facebook is inventing new and interesting thing day by day, forums can't keep up with that huge development. So popularity of forums is going down day by day.

[Image: userbar-for-yuva-pix.png]
Support PMs will be Ignored!
Posted by   ThinkChange   on 05-31-2011 at 12:27 PM
Well, we should follow facebook as well as we carry on tho they were big.
Posted by   Rex   on 06-03-2011 at 02:35 AM
Yea facebook kills everything.
Posted by   HostMafia.in   on 06-06-2011 at 11:12 AM
Well, facebook is way more populer, have way more developers and is also very easy to use, so it iskilling forums/communities and chat groups too. IRC are now less famous, hi5,orkut and myspace are forgotten. so how can forums evade the FB effect?

Its time forums should use facebook,not compete with it.
Posted by   neo   on 09-15-2011 at 05:06 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2011 05:09 AM by neo.)
Facebook want to kill everyone so facebook killing everyone and about orkut mate what you think its a test version . orkut still in beta . Google dont wanna run orkut if they will start focus on orkut then they will kill facebook in just few days

Facebook have 1 work
Google have alot of work

If anyone forum owner wanna kill facebook they can
But think on this is that forum owner really wanna kill facebook
what they do for killing facebook ???

If you wanna kill facebook then you can just do it you can do it

I dont wanna kill otherwise i can kill facebook in few month
Posted by   ambrizal   on 09-22-2011 at 06:15 PM
errors may occur in the html code
Posted by   winterflies   on 10-04-2011 at 09:30 PM
(05-20-2011 04:38 PM)Rich151 Wrote:  Well facebook is popular and the stuff you can do on a forum you can do on facebook so I think facebook could be killing forums

That's right, Because Facebook connect with people online and share some information everyday.Blush

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)